Come check out our demo sale on new and used SUPs!!! Inflatable and Hard Shell boards on sale now and will guarantee a summer of fun on the water! $650-$999. Stop by soon for the best deal on the demo boards.
Join us here at Outdoor Exchange on June 16th for the “Hikers Guide Idaho’s Sawtooth Country” Presented by local Author and Photographer Scott Marchant. The 232-page book showcases 60 day hikes and backpacks in the Sawtooth, White Cloud, and Salmon River mountains, all near the Stanley Basin. He will share hiking information and photography on many of the outstanding trails, including best hikes for wildflowers, backpacks, solitude, early season, views, and family hikes.
Join the event now on Facebook
Spring is the perfect time to start planning your next adventure, dust off the old gear, and take inventory of what needs updating and repair. Outdoor Exchange and the Outdoor Gear Medic is now offering GEAR REPAIRS!!! Seams, Zippers, Buckles, Straps, Tent Poles, and more, we can take care of them all!
Also, we are now carrying an amazing brand of repair products, such as Tenacious repair tape, patches, and Aquaseal! Who doesn’t need a sasquatch patch?
It’s super easy, just drop off the item here to Outdoor Exchange on or before Wednesday morning and pick it up the following Wednesday!
Just another way the Outdoor Exchange & The Gear Medic are helping to keep your gear going and out of the landfill!
Follow The Outdoor Gear Medics on FB
The Spring Season is FAST approaching and we are switching “gears” into cycling season. Let our expert staff at Outdoor Exchange help you buy/sell your bike. We specialize in Road, Cross, Mountain, Touring, Commuter, Cruisers, & Kids Bikes. We also have a great selection of bike parts, frames, wheel sets, shoes, and more to get you out and riding.
- Clean It!! I know it seems simple, but having a bike that is clean, dirt free, tires inflated, lubed up, and in demo condition makes the bike a lot more appealing to buyers. Remember, they are often looking and comparing several options.
- Know some information about your bike, such as, year, component group, upgrades that have been made, condition, etc. (When selling your bike here at Outdoor Exchange, we can help you research, recommend pricing, and know what other “like” bikes have sold for in our market.
- Know your market- Not just what that bike is worth, but what they have previously sold for used and know in advance, the lowest price you would be willing to accept.
- Swap out damaged/worn out parts. (We recommend that if you don’t have the time, or the parts, to swap it out you should at least know how much the replacement would cost and back that out of the asking price.)
- A fresh tune never hurts but not necessary. Usually customers buying used bikes know that they are buying it “as is” and the pricing should be realistic and reflective of the condition.
- Bring your bike in and let us do ALL the above mentioned work for you!!!! In addition to having a great bike retail shop, we also post your bikes on Craig’s List and our Social Media accounts to promote the sale. We go the extra mile for our customers…Check out this post as an EXAMPLE of how we help get your bikes sold!
Backpack-Check, Sleeping Pad-Check, Sleeping Bag-Check, Stove-Check, Water Filter-Check, First Aid-Check, Food-Check…The list goes on…
It can be overwhelming when planning your first backpacking trip of the season (or EVER) so let our knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff help get you all the gear you need and nothing you don’t!
Also, try our NEW food line, Good-To-Go Foods! The Thai Curry is out of this world!!!