Have a bike to sell or looking to sell one that’s taking up space in the garage? Let our expert staff at Outdoor Exchange help you buy/sell your bike. We specialize in Road, Cross, Mountain, Touring, Commuter, Cruisers, & Kids Bikes. We also have a great selection of bike parts, frames, wheel sets, shoes, and more to get you out and riding.
- Clean It!! I know it seems simple, but having a bike that is clean, dirt free, tires inflated, lubed up, and in demo condition makes the bike a lot more appealing to buyers. Remember, they are often looking and comparing several options.
- Know some information about your bike, such as, year, component group, upgrades that have been made, condition, etc. (When selling your bike here at Outdoor Exchange, we can help you research, recommend pricing, and know what other “like” bikes have sold for in our market.
- Know your market- Not just what that bike is worth, but what they have previously sold for used and know in advance, the lowest price you would be willing to accept.
- Swap out damaged/worn out parts. (We recommend that if you don’t have the time, or the parts, to swap it out you should at least know how much the replacement would cost and back that out of the asking price.)
- A fresh tune never hurts but not necessary. Usually customers buying used bikes know that they are buying it “as is” and the pricing should be realistic and reflective of the condition.
- Bring your bike in and let us do ALL the above mentioned work for you!!!! In addition to having a great bike retail shop, we also post your bikes on Craig’s List and our Social Media accounts to promote the sale.