Have your skis, snowboard, or boots been collecting dust or taking up space in the garage? Have your kids outgrown their equipment or winter clothing? Let our expert staff at Outdoor Exchange help you buy/sell your winter equipment. We specialize in alpine, backcountry, nordic, snowboard, proper boot fit, and kids equipment! We also have a great selection of winter clothing to keep you out and active for less ALL year long!
STAFF TIPS: THE 5 C’s
- Clean It!!! I know it seems simple, but just because they have been collecting dust, doesn’t mean they don’t have value. Wiping them down for a dust and cobweb free appearance will help them sell faster.
- Care About The Base!!! Look over the ski and make sure there are no big gouges, rusting, or core shots that would impede the sale or impact the integrity of the ski.
- Check Out The Bindings!!! Each year ski bindings get indemnified (insured)…or uninsured! We can help you determine if they make the cut. If they are NOT on the list, it is best not to sell or buy or be prepared to pull the binding off and remount them with current bindings.***you should remount a ski no more than 3 times, as it will start to impact the integrity of the ski***
- Comes Down Coin!!! Be realistic about the worth of your skis! Skis at full retail can be very expensive (and bindings too) but they depreciate very fast, especially if they have been “”well loved.”” The ski industry changes rapidly and our market has a lot of gear, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself saying “”…but I paid…for them.” We like to say with both skis and bikes, “”They have served their purpose in your life now let them serve for someone else!!””
- Consign Them!!! Bring your skis and snowboards in and let us do ALL the above mentioned work for you!!!! In addition to having a great ski retail shop, we also promote our inventory on Craig’s list & Social Media to promote the sale.